The Design Engineer position is responsible for creating sheet metal self service kiosks and related products in SolidWorks, creating 3-view and isometric drawings, and working from printed drawings, as well as taking conceptual drawings and renders and creating designs from those concepts. You will be working directly with the sales team as well as the production team in a fast paced environment working with some of the largest tech companies in the world. Candidate must be independent and self-motivated with the ability to work well in a team environment and in a fast paced manufacturing facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create sheet metal models in SolidWorks.
- Model complex components to integrate into kiosk enclosure
- Read and create drawings using standard company formats
- Have the ability to understand 2D and 3D terminology
- Work with Sales, Manufacturing, and Quality Assurance to document and define new products or make improvement to existing products
- Maintain revision history using SolidWorks tools
- Provide technical assistance to manufacturing and assembly during build of prototypes or production runs
- Discuss and consult with Sales or Customer on product requirements and specifications where design or manufacturing problems are involved
- Must monitor and adhere to schedules and timelines
- Follow company-wide standardized procedures
- May be responsible for minor or major phases of an engineering project
- Any and all other functions that may be required by Management
- 4 year degree preferred, 2 year minimum in applicable field
- 5 or more years’ experience in engineering within a manufacturing environment
- Design experience using SolidWorks
- CSWP or CSWE Certification preferred
- SolidWorks Workgroup PDM Professional experience a must
- ERP experience preferred
- ISO and UL experience preferred
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
About Meridian Kiosks
Meridian is a self-service industry pioneer and fully integrated manufacturer of kiosks and digital signage. For over 25 years, Meridian has specialized in helping companies optimize brand impact and extend brand reach. The Meridian team understands that together great minds create even greater solutions.
Partnerships such as Intel, HP, Panasonic, Microsoft, Verizon, and others has allowed Meridian’s team to collaborate, challenging the status quo to create innovative and engaging self-service solutions.Meridian differentiates itself by building kiosk solutions completely in-house.
When Mzero software was born in 2009, Meridian became one of the largest end-to-end self-service solution providers in North America. By owning the entire process, Meridian can guide clients from start to finish, creating a robust solution to help reach specific goals.